Garden Machinery Direct collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our web site and other sites accessible from them. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used.
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
Use of your information and your preferences
We will use your information to provide and personalise our service. We will also use your contact details to communicate with you. We may use your information to send you offers and news about Garden Machinery Direct group products and services or those of other carefully selected companies which we think may be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
If you do not want to receive commercial communications from us, please let us know.
We like to hear your views to help us improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax to ask your opinions. Again, if you do not want to be contacted for this purpose, please let us know.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
Disclosures of your information
Your information may be passed to and used by all Garden Machinery Direct. We will never pass your personal data to anyone else, except for any successors in title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf both in the UK and abroad. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We work with the review and feedback website, Trustpilot, in order to collect customer feedback and improve our service. For this, we share customer and order information with them.
- We retain control over the data provided and the purposes for which it is processed. We authorise Trustpilot to process the data provided only for the purpose of sending out the specified review invitation emails and nothing else.
- Trustpilot will delete the data within a maximum of 30 days after the invitation email has been sent. Trustpilot will not and does not have the authority to use the data for any other purposes, and will never pass it on to any third parties.
- You must agree to share your email address with Trustpilot for the review to be activated on our company profile. This is stated clearly on the review platform. When you submit your review, Trustpilot registers your email address, but this is based on your consent and never happens automatically.
- You are able to unsubscribe from all Trustpilot emails by clicking the link at the bottom of their invitation emails.
- By ordering with us and confirming you have read these terms and conditions, you agree for us to share this data with Trustpilot and to receiving a review invitation email.
Other web sites
Non-registered visitors of the site are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile. In addition, any visitor who has clicked on a Garden Machinery Direct advertisement on another site that links to Garden Machinery Direct will be sent a semi-persistent (e.g. two weeks lifetime) anonymous cookie that will allow us to analyse advertising effectiveness and manage our relationship with affiliate sites.
Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online at any of our stores or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. As described above this will restrict the online Garden Machinery Direct services you can use.